Sunday, February 05, 2006

Live: From the Encounter

Pics & Junk from the Superchic(k) / KJ-52 concert.

The night started with a couple of warm-up acts. The first was roadie with a guitar, whose name I forget. The second was a bit of a punk group called Eleventy-Seven. Even though their name sounded like something Bilbo would say at his birthday party, I liked them because for the last song they did “Blitzkrieg Bop” by the Ramone’s. (c. 1977) I loudly sang along, drawing enough stares from the young fry to force an extended exile in the balcony.


Amber & Doogie Joined us for a while in Fogie Heaven

Seventh Day Slumber was pretty good, and brought an important, sincere message of hope to the crowd. Next, KJ-52 took the stage.




KJ-52 gets the crowd going.

Seriously, I don’t even LIKE Hip-Hop stuff, but he was great. He had the place rocking. Even us Geriatrics up top we’re doin’ the hand-wave junk.

I especially liked one of his lines from the “Mt Dew Song”….
“I like Homestar Runner… Best Web Site Ever…”

Confession: That was actually the only line I understood.


Shattered Assembly waits for Superchic(k) to take the stage.

Then it was time for the Headliners. In the past four years, the young band has just gotten better.Better vocals, better lyrics, just as much energy as ever...



Tricia & Melissa Rock the Encounter: Photo Credit: Lil' Penny

I spent a little time on the floor, went deaf, and joined The Blond back in the cheap seats.

Bottom Line: Superchic(k) Still Rocks.

1 Comments:

Blogger Colonel Havoc said...

I thought you did kinda smile...

...one of those subtle, Mona Lisa type things.

Fun times...

6:18 AM, February 06, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home