Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Istanbul: Not Constantinople...

PLEASE! DON"T SING THAT SONG ANYMORE!

Our 2nd DDR Night was a Blast. Even the "Old People" did a couple exibition dances. In fact, Al actually attempted to fill in for an even numbered slot in the Standard Division. For reasons of Good Taste & Propriety, we WILL NOT show you pics or video of THAT foolishness. Instead, please enjoy a couple of these highlights from the evening.



We warmed up three at a time. Several players opted to move up a level. Others tried DDR for the first time. Way to Go!



The Couch Crowd Looks on with Amazement.



Gary Regards the Multitude of Arrows with Contempt. He OWNS them.



Ryan & Jackie make up some ST. Patrick's Day Punch. Thanks, Guys!



Matt Gets it Done in the "Light" Division.



Jackie & Aaron kept in focus to win the "Beginner" and "Standard" Draws.



1:15 am...A bunch of worn out dancers...

Here's a
short clip of some pretty tough competition in the "Standard" Division.
(Video is about 1.7 MB...Could take a minute or two to download.)

Thanks to our Sponsors: Papa Murphy's, Caribou, and McDonald's...and to everyone who threw in a donation. We hope to do DDR at least one more time before summer, so keep checking in.


Later...

5 Comments:

Blogger Shainerz said...

I agree. Don't ever sing Istanbul again!!! Maybe I'm just bitter because that's the song I always lose to. :P haha jk. Thanks for getting all of the prizes for us! And for planning a super fun night!

Ryan and Jackie- the punch was delicious!

8:18 AM, March 23, 2006  
Blogger jac-atac said...

It really was a great night, Al. Really cool all the work you and the others (there were others, right?) put into it.

And, I would like to clear my name concerning a certain matter that I could have handled better. Though Kranny was insistent that I cheated by entering the Beginner level because I had been in the Light division during the Tourney #1, I did not cheat, though I could have explained myself better before I entered the Beginner division to make the best decision about which level I should be placed at.

See, I am pretty new at DDR and I had only done about five songs (beginner level) before Tourney #1. When I came to Tourney #1, I recognized that there were people there who had never even played DDR at any point. Feeling extremely experienced (though I don't believe I had ever gotten a score above a "C" at beginner level in any of the songs I had previously done), I decided to enter the next hardest division, Light, though I was not experienced in "Light". I don't feel I did awful in Light, but it would have been more appropriate for me to enter Beginner, I thought, because the winner of Beginner (Kranny) seemed much more experienced than I, and yet he was in Beginner and I was in Light.

So, when I came to Tourney #2, I wasn't sure if I should do Beginner or Light. I had not practiced at all in between Tourney #1 and #2. The Beginner division was about to begin, and when the Colonel asked if I would like to enter Beginner, I said, "Well, I've done it once--" whereby he said, "Okay, once. Beginner," but I did not finish my sentence, which would have been "Well, I've done it once in Light division, but with my skill level I'd probably belong in Beginner." I did not interrupt to clarify as I figured it probably didn't matter either way to him and he seemed too busy for me to tell all about how much/little I've practiced in the past and the fact that I had been in Light last time. I tend to explain myself too much, and I am aware of that. So I let it go. I did not expect to win Beginner in the least. I almost didn't, in fact. Krystal E and I had almost exactly the same numerical scores, and at one point, we thought that she had advanced ahead of me.

So, that is my side of the story. No one was exactly asking for it, but I feel like I owe an explanation to Kranny and Al and anyone else who may be wondering about my intentions. I can give yet more details, if wanted. I meant no harm whatsoever, and I take myself as being a very honest, though imperfect, person. If I was wrong, I am sorry and ask forgiveness.

10:37 AM, March 27, 2006  
Blogger Colonel Havoc said...

For the record...

Hey, you derserved to win! I thought you were perfectly placed in the division you were in and it made for a great competition.

I sincerely hope you did not receive any grief from anyone. (It sounds like you might have...)

12:27 PM, March 27, 2006  
Blogger [ brooke ] said...

Thank you for letting me join in on the fun.

1:13 PM, March 27, 2006  
Blogger dangeresque dan said...

Not grief. It was more of a gentle razzing. No ill was intended.

8:23 PM, March 27, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home